Here's how to get rid of the Upgrade to Windows 10 notification (Your update is ready...) in Windows 7.
- Go to Control Panel
- Click System and Security
- Find and click on "View Installed Updates" (small text to the right under the Windows Update section)
- Locate KB3035583 (you can use the Search box in the upper right of the window) and uninstall it
- Afterwards, go back and search for Windows Update, KB3035583 will be there to install again.
- Right click on it and and select "Hide update".
Personaly I like Windows 10 (However, I use various tweaks to make the start menu look like Windows 7) but I keep a Virtual version of Windows 7 (using Oracle VM VirtualBox ) incase I need it.
The above worked for me in Windows 7 I don't know about other Windows versions. If you want more information and other options:
How to Manage Windows 10 notification and upgrade options: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3080351