Daniel A Jacobson
Independence, Missouri 64055
Email me: contact.dajonline.com
CompTIA A+ Certified IT Professional with over 10 years experience working with Microsoft platforms and an individual contributor to an organization’s success, helping to increase user satisfaction and ensuring all assets run smoothly, thereby increasing an organization’s profits.
- Automation, Batch Files, Programming, and Scripting
- Created batch files to install software 90% faster.
- Developed policies and procedures that reduced recovery time from power outages by 80%.
- Developed policies that saved time on software installs, upgrades and maintenance.
- Documentation and Organization
- Documented processes for future comprehension.
- Enabled and maintained a network file server for easy access of install files to increase productivity and save time.
- Installation and Maintenance
- Completed over 240 PC migrations; each was started and finished in the same day to reduce downtime.
- Developed procedures to program handheld scanners 90% faster.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
Objective: My goal is to work a full-time permanent job long-term. Until that becomes a reality I have taken short temporary IT jobs to pay the bills. After leaving H and H Color Lab in 2014, I decided to concentrate in the field of IT. Gaps of unemployed periods.
Desktop Support Kansas City MO Metro Area
Full Time and Short Term/Contract Assignments 02/2014 - Present
- End Clients: (Alphabetical Order) Assurant, Black and Veatch, Children's Mercy Hospital, Harley Davidson MFG, IRS, Kansas City Star, Lee Jeans, Reko Market Direct, Saint Luke’s Hospital, Sprint, USAF, Vistar, Wells Fargo, Whiting - Turner.
- Insured that end users had all software needed to perform their tasks.
- Maintained records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- OS Migration: Windows XP to Windows 7 & Windows 7 to Windows 10.
- Worked in harmony with users to insure good work flow.
H and H Color Lab Raytown, Missouri
Desktop Support, Tech Maintenance, 08/27/1992 - 01/24/2014
Photo Printing Machine and Paper Processor Operator.
- Professional photo processing lab - Raytown, Missouri.
- Started as a Photo Printing Machine Operator and Paper Processor Operator.
- Moved to Desktop Support - Tech Maintanance in 2000.
- Installed and performed minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Modified and customized commercial programs for internal needs.
- Read technical manuals, conferred with users, or conducted computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
Computer Operator, Electronics Tech, File Clerk 1972 - 1992
- Volunteer: Maintained web site for non profit organization.
- Technical Support for friends' and family’s Personal Computers.
CompTIA A+, Network+ - New Horizons - Overland Park, KS 2014
Computer Programming - ECPI - Kansas City, MO 1984
Electronics - Pinnacle Career Institute - Kansas City, MO 1977
High School - Lathrop High School - Fairbanks, Alaska 1973
Digital and detailed chronological versions of my resume available at:
"...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."